The call for contributed paper and demo session submissions has now closed
Post Deadline Papers
The submission system will re-open for the submission of post deadline papers shortly. In the meantime, you can construct your paper using the ECOC full paper template or LaTeX full paper template, taking note of all guidelines contained therein.
Writing your post deadline paper
- Papers are required for all post deadline submissions. Post deadline papers must be submitted using the template provided
- Post deadline papers must be submitted by Friday 6 September 2019, if they are to be considered for the conference
- The working language of the conference is English, which will be used for all printed material, presentations and discussion
- If you are submitting more than one post deadline paper, you can use the same email address and password for each paper.
Post Deadline Schedule:
- Post Deadline Submission deadline: - 6 September 2019
- Onsite author notification (via email): - 23rd September 2019
General information for all authors:
- Each accepted paper must be associated to at least one author registered to the conference before 16 August 2019. Each registered author can be associated to no more than two accepted papers.
- Only papers associated to a registered author will be included in the final programme
- All accepted papers will be published as part of the Conference Proceedings, complete with ISBN reference number, available to all conference delegates and will be submitted for publication on the IET Digital Library, and subsequent indexing in Inspec, IEEE Xplore and EI Compendex.
- The author must be present at the conference to present the submission or the paper will not be published on the above platforms.
- A special issue of Journal of Lightwave Technology will be given over to ECOC. Some authors may also be offered the opportunity to submit a full paper for this special issue.
- The IET cannot meet any travelling or subsistence expenses for authors, either prior to or during the conference
Accepted as an oral presentation?
What you need to do…
- Registerfor the conference before 16 August 2019
- Create a power point presentation (slide ratio – 4:3) to present to the audience at the conference
- Presentations should last no longer than 12 minutes allowing approx.3 minutes per presentation, for questions from the audience.
- Please bring your slides with you on a memory stick
- It is the authors responsibility to upload their slides at the speaker preview area, located in the Boardroom at the Intercontinental Hotel, prior to their relevant session
Accepted as an e-poster?
- e-poster template
- Register for the conference before 16 August 2019
- Create your e-poster and upload onto ShockLogic using your original login by Monday 2 September
- There is a template for the e-posters you can use but this is not mandatory however, please use the dimensions in the template to ensure your e-poser displays correctly.
- It is the authors responsibility to ensure their e-poster has the same dimensions as the template.
- You will be provided with a touch screen onsite with portrait orientation to display your e-poster
- You will automatically be considered for 2 prizes when displaying your e-poster. There will be a judging panel reviewing e-posters during the poster sessions. The winner will be announced during the closing ceremony.
- 'Best e-poster': The poster will be judged on the content and how it is displayed
- 'Best use of e-poster technology: The poster will be judged on how the author makes use of the different features available to display their poster. E.g. Zooming, how interactive the poster is, using technology to engage delegates etc.
Information provided during paper submission will be processed by the IET for its sole use and that of its associated organisations, for the purpose of organising your attendance at this event.
Further information on how the IET uses your data.
Best Student Paper Award
A Best Student Paper Award will be granted to a student author, for writing a remarkable paper and making an outstanding presentation at ECOC2019. The winner and two runners-up will receive a cash prize.
The principal author must be a student at the time of submission of his/her paper.
The student should apply by ticking the appropriate box, on the paper submission system
The student must register for the conference before the author registration deadline. No financial help will be provided by the conference organisers.
The student author must be the presenter of his/her work at the conference.
Eight finalists will be preselected by the eight ECOC Sub Committees in their respective areas, in June 2019.
The finalists will be immediately notified that they have been short-listed and will be asked to deliver a second presentation for the judges at the conference, in addition to their scheduled presentation in the conference programme.
The judges will consist of one or both Technical Programme Committee Chairs and the chairs of the eight Sub Committees or their delegates.
The judges will announce their decisions during the closing ceremony of ECOC 2019 on Thursday 26 September 2019.
The Best Student Paper Award is sponsored by